Recipe by Pegger1
This is a very easy way to prepare an elegant asparagus side dish. It's an old Italian recipe.
Top Review by Ms B.
My husband thinks this is "awesome asparagus". I have another recipe that layers thin slices of swiss cheese with the prosciutto before rolling around the asparagus. That is very rich, but good, as well. With both recipes, I use much less melted butter. When I don't have prosciutto available, I substitue smoked turkey. I served this as a main dish with a tossed salad and crusty bread. It was a simple dinner for just my husband and I. By reducing the butter and using smoked turkey, I cut the fat of the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Wash stalks well.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until almost tender;drain.
- Wrap 1 slice of Prosciutto around a few stalks of asparagus and fasten with a toothpick.
- Butter the bottom of a baking dish and lay the bundles of asparagus in the dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes.