Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this made a lovely side dish to scallops tonight. courtesy of intermezzo.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 drop tarragon, if desired
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil, for drizzling
- cooking spray
- preheat oven to 400.
- heat a pot of salted water, bring to boil.
- break off ends of asparagus, discard.
- cut off tips, reserve.
- cut asparagus into 2" pieces, add to water, boil for 8 minutes until soft.
- transfer to a food processor, reserving cooking water.
- add cream, eggs,flour, tarragon, salt and pepper to processor.
- puree until smooth.
- return asparagus water to boil, add tips, cook for 1 minute.
- drain, set aside.
- grease 6 ramekins and put in a roasting pan filled with 1" water.
- pour asparagus mixture into ramekins filling 3/4 full.
- bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- serve hot garnished with asparagus tips.
- drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh black pepper.
A Delicious 5 star plus recipe. I made this for lunch today. Easy to make. Next time I am going to save some of the Asparagus (Cooked & chopped)to add to the mixture to give a different texture.I added dried tarragon to the egg mixture. I also sauted the asparagus tips in a little olive & garlic before adding to top of flan. I baked the flan in a pie plate instead of the ramkins. baked 30 minutes. Thank you Chia for another yummy recipe.