this made a lovely side dish to scallops tonight. courtesy of intermezzo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 400.
- 2heat a pot of salted water, bring to boil.
- 3break off ends of asparagus, discard.
- 4cut off tips, reserve.
- 5cut asparagus into 2" pieces, add to water, boil for 8 minutes until soft.
- 6transfer to a food processor, reserving cooking water.
- 7add cream, eggs,flour, tarragon, salt and pepper to processor.
- 8puree until smooth.
- 9return asparagus water to boil, add tips, cook for 1 minute.
- 10drain, set aside.
- 11grease 6 ramekins and put in a roasting pan filled with 1" water.
- 12pour asparagus mixture into ramekins filling 3/4 full.
- 13bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- 14serve hot garnished with asparagus tips.
- 15drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh black pepper.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Flan
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 160.0 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.7 g