Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
this made a lovely side dish to scallops tonight. courtesy of intermezzo.
Make and share this Asparagus Flan recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 400.
- heat a pot of salted water, bring to boil.
- break off ends of asparagus, discard.
- cut off tips, reserve.
- cut asparagus into 2" pieces, add to water, boil for 8 minutes until soft.
- transfer to a food processor, reserving cooking water.
- add cream, eggs,flour, tarragon, salt and pepper to processor.
- puree until smooth.
- return asparagus water to boil, add tips, cook for 1 minute.
- drain, set aside.
- grease 6 ramekins and put in a roasting pan filled with 1" water.
- pour asparagus mixture into ramekins filling 3/4 full.
- bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- serve hot garnished with asparagus tips.
- drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh black pepper.