Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, low fat fettucine bake. Ham can be omitted for vegetarians. A mix of spinach and plain noodles can also be used.
- 2 cups asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into in inch or cooked fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped lean leg ham
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- black pepper (to season)
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- To make sauce, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat, add flour, stirring continuously over heat for 1 minute.
- Add milk nd bring to boil, stirring constantly until mix thickens, about 4- 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese mustard and pepper, mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Place asparagus, pasta, basil and ham in a bowl.
- Mix well, transfer this mixture into a baking dish and then pour sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden.