Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very tasty easy to make recipe.
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook asparagus in boiling water (I like to steam it instead of boiling in water) until tender-CRISP; then cut into 2-inch lengths.
- In a large pan over medium heat warm olive oil, add garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add wine bring to a boil and cook until almost evaporated; Add cooked asparagus buter and lemon zest, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until butter melts, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot two-thirds full of boiling salted water cook pasta according to package directions; drain pasta while resevering 1 cup of cooking water.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl, add Asparagus sauce and chives, toss to coat, add reserved cooking water as needed.
- Pass the cheese at the table; enjoy.