Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Asparagus delivers delightful spring flavor in this hearty side salad. Served warm, it includes a wonderful mix of fresh-tasting ingredients."
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place asparagus, onions and fennel in a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the tomatoes, olives, parsley and roasted vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.