Recipe by Satyne
Copied from a friend of a friend's food blog here = http://missfoodie.com.au/asparagus-egg-yolk-ravioli-truffle-oil-parmesan her recipe has pictures of the finished product as well as progress shots, so please check her out. Looks absolutely amazing and can't wait to try it.
- 1 (250 g) packet square wonton wrappers
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornflour
- 6 eggs
- 30 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 knob of best-quality unsalted butter
- salt or fresh ground black pepper
- shaved best-quality parmesan cheese
- truffle oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the egg yolk ravioli, lay six wonton wrappers on a clean dry surface. Mix the cornflour with a little cold water to form a smooth paste. Using a pastry brush, brush the outer edges of each wrapper with the cornflour mixture.
- Gently separate the eggs, being careful not to break the yolk. Sit a yolk in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Place another wrapper over the top and firmly press the edges down to seal, taking great care to avoid breaking the yolk. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Refrigerate the ravioli on baking paper dusted with cornflour until required.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and briefly blanch the asparagus. Drain, put the asparagus in a bowl, add the butter and season with salt and black pepper. Keep warm.
- In another large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the ravioli for a maximum of 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and rest on a plate.
- To serve, divide the asparagus among serving plates. Rest the ravioli on top of the asparagus, with some shaved parmesan alongside. Drizzle with truffle oil and finish with a good grind of black pepper.