- 2 slices buttered bread, broken into crumbs
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half the buttered crumbs in a greased baking dish.
- Spread cooked asparagus pieces over the crumbs, and the 4 hard-cooked egg slices over the asparagus.
- Blend butter, flour, salt and milk with cheese and pour over all.
- Top with remaining breadcrumbs mixed with the butter for topping.
- Bake 350F 30 mins.