Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 carrots
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons roasted chana dal powder (ground dried chickpeas)
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Urad Dal
- 1 tablespoon jeera powder (ground cumin)
- curry leaf
- 1 pinch turmeric
- Chop asparagus, carrots and potato into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Take a non-stick pan and put it on medium flame.
- Add oil and other seasonings like mustard seeds and jeera and curry leaves.
- Now add carrots and potatoes first.
- Add turmeric and mix them all properly and close the lid.
- After few minutes stir by adding salt and put the lid on again for a minute.
- Add chopped asparagus and stir them all and close the lid to allow them cook.
- After a few minutes check if all ingredients are cooked.
- Then reduce stove to low and add roasted chana dal powder and dry coconut powder and chili powder.
- Stir them all and close lid for a few minutes and switch off the stove.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Goes well with rice, Chapathi, Dosa.
- Also can use this in sandwiches and is very healthy.
Mmm, very good way to prepare asparagus.