Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A romantic brunch for two, or double for guests. These savory omelets are sure to please and are very attractive. These can be topped with hollandaise sauce for extra enjoyment. Prep & Cook times are approximate.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained,flaked and cartilage removed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket.
- Place in a saucepan over 1-inch water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Melt 1 Tblsp.
- butter in a skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling.
- Cover and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Repeat for second omelet.
Delicious. I didn't have the tomato... and used American cheese. Very rich breakfast.... yummy.
Good omelet for spring. Hollandaise sauce is a must. Overall flavor is mild, but rich.
I wanted to make a special breakfast for my husband before the holiday crazy started. This is wonderful- a nice change from bacon and sausage omelets. I did not stir in the tomatoes with the egg mixture. I added it to the eggs when adding the rest of the fillling. Hollandaise sauce on top is a must. Thanks keen5 for a real keeper.