Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I searched high and low @ Zaar to find a recipe that combined asparagus & couscous and low and behold........ there was a recipe on the back of the box. I omitted some of the ingredients and came up with this. It ROCKED!
- 10 asparagus spears, trim and remove tough ends
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces couscous, ie. Near East toasted pine nut
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut each asparagus spear into 3-4 pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a deep sauce pan. Add garlic, sautee for 1 minute.
- Add broth and contents of flavor packet.
- Add asparagus pieces. Simmer for for 3-4 minutes.
- Add couscous, stir to combine; turn off heat; add parmesan cheese, and let stand for 5 minutes.