Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is a great appetizer or a perfect side dish and goes down incredibly well.
- 225 g fresh asparagus
- 100 g diced ham
- 4 pineapple rings
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise (check ingredients label)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cognac
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (to garnish)
- freshly chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting off any woody stems and washing under cold running water.
- Chop into 2.5cm/1 inch lengths then boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the ham and chop the pineapple rings.
- Mix together the asparagus, ham and pineapple rings in a bowl.
- Line 4 individual glasses or dishes with lettuce leaves then pile the asparagus mixture on top.
- In another bowl, place the mayonnaise, Cognac, lemon juice and cayenne and mix well.
- Divide equally between the glasses.
- Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg and chopped parsley.
- Chill for 10 minutes.