Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is a great appetizer or a perfect side dish and goes down incredibly well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the asparagus by cutting off any woody stems and washing under cold running water.
- 2Chop into 2.5cm/1 inch lengths then boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- 3Drain and cool.
- 4Meanwhile, dice the ham and chop the pineapple rings.
- 5Mix together the asparagus, ham and pineapple rings in a bowl.
- 6Line 4 individual glasses or dishes with lettuce leaves then pile the asparagus mixture on top.
- 7In another bowl, place the mayonnaise, Cognac, lemon juice and cayenne and mix well.
- 8Divide equally between the glasses.
- 9Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg and chopped parsley.
- 10Chill for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 621.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: