Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great appetizer or a perfect side dish and goes down incredibly well.
Make and share this Asparagus Cocktail recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting off any woody stems and washing under cold running water.
- Chop into 2.5cm/1 inch lengths then boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the ham and chop the pineapple rings.
- Mix together the asparagus, ham and pineapple rings in a bowl.
- Line 4 individual glasses or dishes with lettuce leaves then pile the asparagus mixture on top.
- In another bowl, place the mayonnaise, Cognac, lemon juice and cayenne and mix well.
- Divide equally between the glasses.
- Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg and chopped parsley.
- Chill for 10 minutes.