Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely starter form the UK
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus
- 4 ounces diced ham
- 4 pineapple rings
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cognac
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- freshly chopped parsley
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting off any woody stems and washing under cold running water. Chop into 1 inch lengths then boil in salted water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the ham and chop the pineapple rings.
- Mix together the asparagus, ham and pineapple rings in a bowl.
- Line 4 individual glasses or dishes with lettuce leaves then pile the asparagus mixture on top.
- In another bowl, place the mayonnaise, Cognac, lemon juice and cayenne and mix well. Divide equally between the glasses.
- Garnish with slices of hard boiled egg and chopped parsley. Chill for 10 minutes.