Recipe by ~Nimz~
This recipe came from another recipe site. It is mouthwatering delicious. Beautiful presentation. Simple, simple, simple to make. Originally found the recipe in February and just got around to making it. I'm sorry I lost all of that time eating it! I'll make up for it now. Cook time does not include 2 hours for marinating.
Top Review by oelkesm
Yum! I used oregano in place of tarragon (personal preference), and chicken tenders instead of breasts that I baked at 350 for 12 minutes. This dish came out fantastic and the chicken very juicy! I used a blender hollandaise recipe from another popular site, salt and peppered the chicken before baking, and served the asparagus on the side. I'll definitely make this again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetdry hollandaise sauce mix
- 16 fresh steamed asparagus spears
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I only used about 1/2 cup of the cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl.
- Pour wine over chicken, then sprinkle with tarragon.
- Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove chicken from dish or bowl discarding remaining marinade and broil for 25 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, steam asparagus to desired degree of doneness (prefer al dente).
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- When chicken is cooked, arrange the breasts on a platter, place 4 spears of asparagus on each chicken breast and dribble with prepared hollandaise sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.