Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from another recipe site. It is mouthwatering delicious. Beautiful presentation. Simple, simple, simple to make. Originally found the recipe in February and just got around to making it. I'm sorry I lost all of that time eating it! I'll make up for it now. Cook time does not include 2 hours for marinating.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetdry hollandaise sauce mix
- 16 fresh steamed asparagus spears
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I only used about 1/2 cup of the cheese)
- To marinate: Place chicken in a nonporous glass dish or bowl.
- Pour wine over chicken, then sprinkle with tarragon.
- Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove chicken from dish or bowl discarding remaining marinade and broil for 25 minutes or until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, steam asparagus to desired degree of doneness (prefer al dente).
- Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- When chicken is cooked, arrange the breasts on a platter, place 4 spears of asparagus on each chicken breast and dribble with prepared hollandaise sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Yum! I used oregano in place of tarragon (personal preference), and chicken tenders instead of breasts that I baked at 350 for 12 minutes. This dish came out fantastic and the chicken very juicy! I used a blender hollandaise recipe from another popular site, salt and peppered the chicken before baking, and served the asparagus on the side. I'll definitely make this again.
Great recipe. I used Sherry and fresh basil and fresh thyme because I did not have any Chardonnay and dried tarragon on hand. I baked the chicken at 350 for 30 minutes, the last 12 minutes, I roasted the asparagus. Made Alton Brown's Hollandaise Sauce (which came out GREAT) and put it all together. Came out fantastic and was fairly easy (even making the Hollandaise from scratch...) Thank you for posting.
Fantastic stuff! I used oven roasted asparagus instead of steamed, and after cooking the chicken breast I sliced it on the bias to top the asparagus. I used Knorr Hollandaise and added a generous squeeze of lemon to it. I put the asparagus on the bottom of a casserole, topped it with the chicken slices, then drizzled it with the hollandiase. I then popped it into a 325 degree oven till it was a little bubbly. I then sprinkled a 1/2 c of cheese,( I did not want it to over power the other ingredients) and sprinkled all with some Paprika and parsley flakes. It went back into the oven for about 5 minutes for the cheese to melt. This is mouthwateringly delicious. It is like a lighter version of chicken divan. A definite repeat at our house.