Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
We are growing asparagus, can't wait for it to be coming out of our ears!!! Tweaked this recipe from "A Taste of Country," reducing salt,and changing some other ingredients. Baking time total is 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 (7 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni third-less salt wild rice
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, no msg
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, with liquid
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Spread rice in a 7" x 11" baking pan (corning dish).
- Add chicken broth and mushrooms; dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place chicken breast in the center; sprinkle with garlic and onion powders.
- Spoon mushroom soup over all.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove and arrange asparagus around outer edges of baking dish; brush with melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 15-20 minutes more or until asparagus is tender.
Wonderful use of two of my favorite ingredients, wild rice and asparagus. Thanks for the recipe. Great weeknight meal, with salad and crusty bread.