- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, discarding tough bottoms of spears.
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce and brown sugar and set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Stir fry asparagus for approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove from the wok and keep warm.
- Heat wok to high heat.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the chicken pieces and stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the reserved asparagus and hoisin/sugar sauce and stir fry all together until pieces are well-coated with sauce.
- Serve over the hot rice.
I used this recipe the first time I ever cooked asparagus, it was quick to make, simple ingredients and the whole family enjoyed it.
I must say this was a great recipe! Very quick and tasty. With all the hours of work, there is not alot of time to cook during the week. This was very quick.
Very easy and quick to make, tastes great and is low fat healthy too.