- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (I use no fat sour cream)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of (optional)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken, about 1 lb
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3⁄4 lb asparagus, cooked crisp tender and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and lemon zest if using.
- Cover and chill to blend flavours, about 30 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine greens, chicken and tomatoes.
- Arrange salad mixture on plates; top with asparagus.
- Spoon dressing over each salad.