Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is yummy! Not a whole lot of ingredients, but a lot of taste. Asparagus is from the lily family.
- 1⁄2 lb large asparagus
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a Chinese wok or electric.
- Cut the chicken into one-inch chunks and stir-fry until done. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Cut the jumbo asparagus into two-inch strips. Add the remaining onion, bell pepper, pepper and sugar; cook, stirring until until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the asparagus , then the chicken. Sprinkle with soy sauce; cover and cook until mixture begin to steam.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.