Recipe by yogiclarebear
Adapted from an "allrecipes.com" recipe originally posted by Marlene Mohr. My version is lower cal and lower fat, without sacrificing the great flavor. This is really light and healthy tasting, AND also very satisfying! Cooking time reflects 4 hour marinade.
Top Review by SweetySJD
Tasty, healthy and easy! I used lime juice in place of the lemon, which I think gave it a very nice flavor! This threw together quickly with limited mess, another great quality. I served this with salsa and it was delicious. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 pieces
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken breast into a bowl and mix with Italian dressing. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, turning a few times if possible.
- Spray a non-stick skillet lightly with cooking spray. Add chicken and marinade, and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and stir for 8-10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender to your liking.
- Stir in the lemon juice, garlic salt, and season lightly with pepper.
- Divide evenly between 2 large tortillas.