Top Review by Debbb
This was a delicious pasta dish - a little out of the ordinary. I used 2 twelve ounce cans of asparagus since it's not in season right now. It worked out fine - just doesn't need to be heated very long with the seasoning. Lots of flavour! I used light parmesan, making this a fairly diet-friendly recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling.
- water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and transfer to a large.
- 2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute.
- chicken until firm and lightly browned; remove from pan. Add the remaining.
- tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Cook and stir garlic, asparagus, and red.
- pepper flakes in oil until asparagus is tender. Stir in chicken, and cook for 2.
- minutes to blend the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Toss pasta with chicken and asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.