Top Review by Picante
This was a great recipe. We had it for dinner this evening. I used fresh asparagus and zucchini. I also roasted the almonds in the toaster oven before adding them to the dish. I served this over brown basmati rice. I just realized that I forgot the ginger and that's probably why this didn't get 5 stars. We thought it was very tasty but it was missing something...ooops. I guess I should re-review this next time. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 lb canned asparagus, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Sauté chicken 3 to 5 minutes until golden.
- Stir in ginger, almonds and vegetables and stir fry another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine stock, sherry, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Stir into skillet until bubbling.
- Fold in asparagus, reheat and serve immediately.