Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great dish for company.
- 2 -3 lbs skinless boneless turkey breasts or 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 lb swiss cheese
- 4 -6 asparagus spears
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cut cheese into approximately 1/2" square cubes and chop asparagus into 1/2" pieces.
- Set aside.
- Place turkey on cutting surface and slice through breast with knife parallel to cutting board.
- Leave the last inch intact and open breast up like a book.
- Cover turkey with plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness with meat mallet.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper onto both sides of turkey breast.
- Combine cheese and asparagus and place on one side of turkey.
- Fold other side over and secure with toothpicks.
- Spread vegetable oil over top and sides of breast to prevent drying out.
- Sprinkle remaining lemon pepper on top.
- Place stuffed breast on greased baking dish and cover with lid or foil.
- Bake 325 degrees F.
- for about 1 hour or until meat juices are no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.