This makes a ton but don't worry you won't have a problem devouring the whole thing yourself lol! these are so good! Servings are only estimated depending on how large you cut slice the baked squares.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus (can use less)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups swiss cheese, grated (or use mozzarella cheese)
- 1Set oven to 375°F (oven rack set to the lowest bottom position).
- 2Prepare an ungreased a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 3Unroll the crescent rolls and press into the pan, pressing edges to seal the perforations.
- 4Brush the crescent crust with melted butter and then sprinkle with garlic powder (if using) and a small amount of salt.
- 5Bake for about 6-8 minutes (bottom oven rack) or until lightly browned.
- 6In a large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat; add in the onion and saute for 6-7 minutes adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes.
- 7Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 8Add in the asparagus pieces to the skillet with onion; saute for for about 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 9Season with a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Spoon the asparagus/onion mixture over the partially-baked crescent crust.
- 11Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and then top with Swiss or mozzarella cheese (any amount desired).
- 12Return to oven and bake for about 8 minutes in a 375°F oven, or until the cheese is well melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus-Cheese Squares With Crescent Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g