Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
This really warms your tummy on a chilly day.
Make and share this Asparagus Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir until smooth.
- Gradually add milk and stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and stir until heated thoroughly.
- Add cheese, thyme and nutmeg.
- Heat until cheese is melted, stirring frequently (do not boil).
- Ladle into individual serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with extra cheese is desired.
A nice, simple to make soup. I used skim milk and 2% cheese and stir fried the asparagus in non-stick cooking spray before adding it to the pot. Thanks for sharing!