Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really tasty. If asparagus is out of season, use frozen asparagus or broccoli.
Make and share this Asparagus Cheddar Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 partially baked 10 inch pastry shells
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, finely chopped (or 1 tsp dried, crumbled)
- 1 lb cooked asparagus, stems coarsely chopped,tips kept in 2 inch long pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush partially baked pastry shell with mustard.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Cook onion until tender but do not brown.
- Combine onion with dill, chopped asparagus stems and cheese.
- Spoon evenly into pastry shell.
- Arrange asparagus tips decoratively around quiche.
- Beat eggs with yolks.
- Add milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne.
- Pour over asparagus and cheese.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until just set.
- Cool 10 minutes before serving.