Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A delicious side dish that is so easy to make.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Pour into lightly greased crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- After cooking dish may be left on low for up to 2 hours before serving.
This was fine to eat the same day but the leftovers were not as good. I used 20 ounces of fresh asparagus to make this. 2 cups of crackers which equals 36 individual crackers or 5 crackers short of a full sleeve of crackers, so I used the whole bag. I stirred this every hour as it cooked. I found that being on high was to hot for my crockpot and burnt the outside. I'll try next time on low for 4 hours. Made for *My Three Chefs* 2008 my Theme: * Asparagus*