Recipe by Nita Holleman
Great dish for a special meal. Well seasoned and nourishing. Enjoy!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Oh my heavens, I thought this asparagus casserole was delicious. Good ole comfort food if you ask me. Rich and cheesy with the added flavor of the stuffing mix. My kids even ate it and they aren't all that keen on asparagus. This would be good for a holiday dinner. Thanks Nita for a great recipe.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pepperidge farms herb seasoned stuffing mix (blue bag)
- 2 cans del monte fresh cut asparagus
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can campbell cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained (optional)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven 350 Degrees F.
- Spray 2 quart (9X13 inch) Oven Casserole Dish with Butter Spray or grease with butter.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with a layer of 1 1/2 to 2 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing (Blue Bag).
- Spread out contents of 2 cans of Del Monte Fresh Cut Asparagus across the stuffing mix.
- Drizzle the juice of 1 fresh lemon over the asparagus.
- Nita's Note: Microwave lemon about 10 seconds before squeezing and you will get more juice.
- Melt 1 stick Butter over low heat being careful NOT to brown or burn it, OR, place butter in a microwave safe dish, cover dish with waxed paper and microwave it for about 35 seconds.
- Pour melted butter over asparagus and stuffing mix.
- Combine 1/4 cup Half& Half or milk with 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup and 2 tablespoons chopped pimento (optional), drained.
- Pour over asparagus and stuffing mix.
- Place casserole in center of preheated 350 Degrees F.
- oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake 10 or 12 minutes until cheese is melted thoroughly.
- Serve hot.