Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great dish for a special meal. Well seasoned and nourishing. Enjoy!
Make and share this Asparagus Casserole ala Nita recipe from Food.com.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pepperidge farms herb seasoned stuffing mix (blue bag)
- 2 cans del monte fresh cut asparagus
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can campbell cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento, drained (optional)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat Oven 350 Degrees F.
- Spray 2 quart (9X13 inch) Oven Casserole Dish with Butter Spray or grease with butter.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with a layer of 1 1/2 to 2 cups Pepperidge Farms Herb Stuffing (Blue Bag).
- Spread out contents of 2 cans of Del Monte Fresh Cut Asparagus across the stuffing mix.
- Drizzle the juice of 1 fresh lemon over the asparagus.
- Nita's Note: Microwave lemon about 10 seconds before squeezing and you will get more juice.
- Melt 1 stick Butter over low heat being careful NOT to brown or burn it, OR, place butter in a microwave safe dish, cover dish with waxed paper and microwave it for about 35 seconds.
- Pour melted butter over asparagus and stuffing mix.
- Combine 1/4 cup Half& Half or milk with 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup and 2 tablespoons chopped pimento (optional), drained.
- Pour over asparagus and stuffing mix.
- Place casserole in center of preheated 350 Degrees F.
- oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese over top of casserole.
- Bake 10 or 12 minutes until cheese is melted thoroughly.
- Serve hot.