Recipe by papergoddess
Green asparagus and pimiento baked in a cheesy custard make this an attractive and tasty casserole.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 1 jar pimiento
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (1 lb) can asparagus, drained or 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and add salt, pepper, cracker crumbs, pimiento, cheese and milk.
- Fold in asparagus.
- Pour into greased or sprayed 1 1/2 qt.
- casserole dish.
- Pour butter over top.
- Bake@ 350F for 30 minutes or until custard has set.
- You can assemble this casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until baking just before meal time.