Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 (16 ounce) can asparagus spears or 1 (16 ounce) can asparagus spears, cut
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) jarcanned pimientos
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can white sauce
- seasoned pepper (optional)
- fresh breadcrumb, with
- melted butter
- water chestnut (optional)
- onion (optional)
- Layer asparagus, chopped eggs, chopped pimientos and grated cheese.
- Mix about 1/4 juice from asparagus with cream of mushroom soup and pour over asparagus mixture.
- Spread buttered crumbs over top.
- Bake at 400F for approximately 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Thank you, this was a very nice and easy recipe, did not use the water chestnuts. There were no quantaties given for the breadcrumbs or the butter. I used a good cup breadcrumbs and about 1 tablespoon of butter. I grated some nutmeg over the asparagus, which is a traditional spice in over here to use with asparagus.