1/6 Photos of Asparagus Casserole
Though I'm not particularly a fan of canned asparagus, this casserole version produces a mighty fine dish...it's all in the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cut asparagus spears, reserving 2 tbs liquid
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup grated very mild cheddar cheese (etc.) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (etc.)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled saltines or 1/4 cup hi-ho cracker
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2Melt 2 tbs butter in microwave-proof bowl, then stir in flour till smooth.
- 3Add 2 tbs liquid from canned asparagus to flour mixure; stir well.
- 4Stir in sour cream, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- 5Thoroughly drain one can asparagus and arrange in bottom of ungreased 9"x2" square casserole.
- 6Cover evenly with half the sour cream mixture.
- 7Thoroughly drain second can asparagus and layer.
- 8Top with remaining sour cream mixture.
- 9Melt 3 tbs butter and mix with cracker crumbs; spread evenly.
- 10Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.5
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 407.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 16.5 g