Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in an old cookbook I had and figured I would try it. It is very good!! I usually double the amount of asparagus and cheese. Also this recipe is very easy to double. This was the first time I had tried asparagus and had been eating it ever since.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coarsely crushed saltine crackers
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cangreen cut asparagus spears, undrained
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl, beating well. Stir in crackers,asparagus,cheese, and hot sauce. Pour mixture into a greased 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until puffed and browned. Serve immediately.
- the casserole can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.