Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
THIS IS MY FAMILY'S FAVORITE. THE PEAS I THINK MAKE IT BETTER. THIS IS MY ORIGINAL CREATION.
- 2 cans tender green asparagus, drained
- 1 can le seuer pea, drained (OPTIONAL)
- 1 can chopped mushroom, , drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- BUTTER CASSEROLE DISH AND LAYER ASPARAGUS, PEAS AND MUSHROOMS.
- MIX SOUP AND MAYONNAISE AND SPREAD OVER ABOVE.
- TOP WITH CHEESE THEN CRUSHED CRACKERS AND DOT LIBERALLY WITH BUTTER.
- BAKE AT 375 DEGREES FOR 30 TO 40 MINUTES.
I thought this was so good! Friends that didn't like aspargus, liked this. I did make some changes though. I used fresh asaragus (2 bunches) I had no Ritz crackers, so I used Townhouse. I didn't use the mushrooms and I melted the butter, sprinkling it over the crackers. I also didn't mix the soup and mayo together in a separate bowl. I just poured it over the veggies and mixed it then. That worked out fine.
I omitted the ritz toppong because of personal taste. This was pretty good, I would make it again, just probably not as often because of the health aspect. But it was good.
This was very easy to make and I'm sure most people would give it a higher rating, but it wasn't a taste we liked. I followed the recipe exactly as posted, but if made again I think I would delete the ritz topping and add a bit of spice.