Recipe by Nelzgal
My mom gave me this recipe using green beans, but I like it much better with Asparagus. The asparagus is tender, with a slightly sweet, but tangy sauce.
Top Review by Sweet Baboo
This was an elegant presentation and a tasty side dish for Christmas dinner. Because I can't stand flabby bacon, I partially precooked the bacon, and I have to say that the recipe was fabulous.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, butter and garlic in a bowl.
- Wrap the asparagus in bundles of 4-5 stalks with a piece of bacon. Place bundles in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the bundles and bake at 325°F until bacon is crispy.
- Remove and serve warm.