Nice cool appetizer from Chatelaine Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 stalks thin asparagus, about 1 large bunch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese or 4 1/2 ounces log creamy goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint or 3 tablespoons chives
- 18 toasted baguette, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- 1Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, immediately plunge into icewater.
- 2When cool, drain well, pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Cut asparagus in half diagonally.
- 4Place in a medium size bowl.
- 5Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Mix well.
- 7In a small bowl, stir cheese with herbs.
- 8Spread over baguette slices.
- 9Top each with asparagus spears.
- 10Garnish with lemon zest.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2993.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 5286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 580.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.9 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 122.9 g