Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice cool appetizer from Chatelaine Magazine
Make and share this Asparagus Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 18 stalks thin asparagus, about 1 large bunch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese or 4 1⁄2 ounces log creamy goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint or 3 tablespoons chives
- 18 toasted baguette, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, immediately plunge into icewater.
- When cool, drain well, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut asparagus in half diagonally.
- Place in a medium size bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, stir cheese with herbs.
- Spread over baguette slices.
- Top each with asparagus spears.
- Garnish with lemon zest.