Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice cool appetizer from Chatelaine Magazine
Make and share this Asparagus Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- 18 stalks thin asparagus, about 1 large bunch
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra smooth ricotta cheese or 4 1⁄2 ounces log creamy goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mint or 3 tablespoons chives
- 18 toasted baguette, slices 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemons, zest of
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, immediately plunge into icewater.
- When cool, drain well, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut asparagus in half diagonally.
- Place in a medium size bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, stir cheese with herbs.
- Spread over baguette slices.
- Top each with asparagus spears.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
Yummy and super easy. I used goat cheese and substituted thinly sliced green onions instead of chives. Simplified a little by toasting the bread slices in the oven at 400, then roasted the asparagus drizzled with olive oil and salt & pepper for about 8 minutes (rather than blanching). Also wrapped thin strips of proscuitto around each stalk of roasted asparaus before placing on the toast.
This was absolutely delicious! The flavors in this recipe complement each other beautifully. I was really surprised at how good it was given the simple list of ingredients. I used reduced fat ricotta for the cheese and chives for the herbs. I think the lemon zest really gave it a good punch of flavor--I would not omit this. I could have eaten the entire loaf myself. Thanks for a great recipe Derf!