Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are great for brunch- or even as a side dish.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 inches of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in the pimientos, onion, salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each triangle; top with asparagus.
- Top each with another teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Bring three corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.