Recipe by Oolala
I like the ingredients but I haven't made this yet. It was something I copied from a cookbook I don't own but I don't know which one.
Top Review by Oatty
While we were in Swizerland years ago my husband had Asparagus soup. He has raved about how good this soup was ever since and I had never found a recipe that was even close. This was!!! It is fantastic and he loved it. The only change I made was since asparagus was not in season and we really can't buy white asparagus here I used canned white asparagus (that was the color or the asparagus in the Swiss soup). It worked great and this is one recipe I will use every time I want to win points. Oh, yes....we have been married 58 years and I am still trying to please him.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 dash salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Gradually add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the soup at a time to blender until smooth and return to pan.
- Cube brie and add to the soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.