Recipe by Sackville
This is quite easy to make and nice for a weekend breakfast or even to take as a snack, when you're running out the door.
Top Review by Miss Annie
What a lovely dish. I loved the flavors of the brie and spring onions. Very tasty! It was easy to make, and I held it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking, and it was ok. After it was baked it looked beautiful. I served it with a spinach salad and mini muffins. Thanks Friedel for posting this wonderful dish.
- 1 sheet ready rolled shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 3 -4 spring onions, washed and chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 5 -8 ounces brie cheese
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 4 fluid ounces single cream
- 3 -4 ounces asparagus spears, blanched
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C or 400°F.
- Use pastry to line a 9 inch round flan tin or dish.
- Melt butter and lightly fry the spring onions.
- Meanwhile, cut the rind from the cheese and chop into small cubes.
- Throw cheese, eggs, cream and milk into a food processor (or use a hand mixer in a bowl) and blend until smooth.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Scatter onions on base of pastry, pour in cheese mixture and place asparagus spears in a spoke pattern on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until set and lightly browned.