1/2 Photos of Asparagus Breakfast Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This is sooo good. The asparagus is a nice change. Great for that special Brunch. Plan ahead, needs to refrigerate 12-24 hours before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, steamed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 8 cups Italian bread, cubed
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add steamed asparagus, red pepper and onion.
- 4Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5In the prepared pan layer bread, ham, vegetables and 1 cup cheese.
- 6In a large bowl combine eggs, milk and seasonings.
- 7Pour evenly over bread mixture.
- 8Cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350 degrees 45-55 minutes, until golden.
- 10Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over top and bake until cheese melts.
- 11Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 195.5 mg
- Sodium 265.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: