Recipe by Mirj
This is a very simple dish that has always gotten rave reviews when I serve it.
Top Review by TifferCooks
This is an excellent way of serving asparagus, which is one of my favorite vegetables. I made it as directed (with balsamic vinegar), except that I added the bocconcini to the asparagus while it was in the pan to make sure it melted and then carefully moved it to a serving dish. So good!
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 -6 bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (balsamic would be nice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the asparagus lightly with an olive oil spray and stick the in the oven at 400°F/190°C with a few thinly sliced garlic cloves for about 5 minutes.
- To assemble: place asparagus on a plate, scatter bocconcini and olives on top and sprinkle combined oil and vinegar dressing over.
- If you like you may add a few leaves of roughly chopped fresh basil leaves as an added garnish.
- Serve either at room temp or refrigerate till serving time.