Recipe by Debbwl
This is very close to what we get at the local Chinese restaurant.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Amazing from the git-go. How in the world could you ever, ever go wrong with all the flavors and combination of asparagus and black bean sauce, with a sprinkle of cashews? I followed this exactly and what a treat this is. So easy, you won't believe it. The sauce is simply heavenly. You will want to just eat the sauce. I am absolutely sure about this. I can say you can put it on everything from chicken, to veggies, to salmon, or just spoon it in a cup and enjoy :) Seriously, a great, great recipe that I would highly recommend from the grand taste, and the ease. Made for *flower power* Everyday Tag May 2009
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup black bean sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cashews, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl mix wine (water) and cornstarch until smooth, set aside. In another bowl mix black bean sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add black bean sauce, cook stirring constantly about 1 minute. Add broth and soy sauce stirring about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add asparagus and green onions, cook about 4 minutes till crisp-tender. If needed add additional broth to prevent sticking.
- Remove asparagus. Reduce heat to medium. Add wine, cornstarch mixture stirring until thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour sauce over asparagus and sprinkle with cashews.