Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Untired but may try this without blending. Just cutting asapragus in 1 inch pieces.
- 20 ounces asparagus spears
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (to taste)
- 1 dash pepper
- Thaw the asparagus.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; simmer covered 8 - 12 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Process with blender until smooth.
- Pour into bowl.
- Serve hot or cover and chill at least 4 hours.
i tried this with just the left over stocks (too expensive to throw away)...it was GREAT! needs salt. making it tonite for dinner guests, including the tips, should be even better! we are not big curry fans, but this was just enough for some great flavor