- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1 (14 ounce) can beets, sliced into match stick cuts
- 1 tablespoon beet juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2 ounces pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the asparagus, peel each stem and cook in boiling water just until it's firm to the bite, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and chill in cold running water.
- Arrange the cold asparagus spears on a serving platter and pile the sliced beets on that.
- Mix the oil, beet juice and vinegar in a bowl and drizzle over the beets and asparagus.
- Garnish with some crumbled bleu cheese and a dusting of the chopped pecans. Serve right away.