Recipe by korij
This is a quick, flavorful recipe that I threw together one night when I wanted stir fry but didn't want to go to the store! Just used what I had and it turned out great.
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 lb beef (I used bottom round, but any kind will work)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, ends removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 large white mushrooms
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 purple onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili oil (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 T. oil over med. high heat in wok or large frying pan/.
- Stir fry all the vegetables just until hot throughout. Remove from wok.
- Add remaining oil and stir fry beef until medium rare. Drain any juices and discard.
- Return vegetables to wok with meat.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat and vegetable mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.