Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I freeze the steak to make it easier to slice. Serve with hot rice and a green salad.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 lb beef steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- cayenne pepper
- Freeze steak for two hours; slice in 1/4-inch strips.
- Lightly brown meat but still leave pink; place in a bowl.
- Add onion to skillet and cook 3 minutes.
- Add sherry and asparagus; cover cook 5 minutes.
- To skillet add Worcestershire sauce, cornstarch, sugar and spices; stir while cooking to thicken mixture.
- Return steak to mixture and cook just till meat is warm but still pink.
- Serve with rice.
We loved this. It was quick, easy and delicious!
This is outstanding. I added a cut up fresh tomato and fresh baby spinach at the very end.