I quarter this recipe and make these for lunch once in awhile because my DH and kids wouldn't think of eating asparagus. They are really meant to be an appetizer.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus, cover and boil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and immediately place aspargus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish.
- Pat beef slices dry with paper towels.
- Spread each slice with a thin layer of cream cheese mixture; top with an asapargus spear and roll up tightly.
- Refrigerate until serving.
DH went absolutely wild for these. Said it was the best thing he has ever had!
I changed the recipe to work for take to work lunches. I took a large tortilla( I used sundried tomato basil tortilla), spread the cream cheese and horseradish on the tortilla, covered with the roast beef and cooked asparagus, wrapped up and cut in half. It made a delicious lunch that my husband raved about :) Thanks for the great idea!
I thought these were really good. Not something I want all the time, but great for special treats.