1/3 Photos of Asparagus, Beans & Arugula Salad With Mustard Vinaigrette
Light and healthy. This can be a great starter, nice side salad, toss on some chicken or grilled salmon or scallops and make this a main dish. Perfect for a Holiday meal and is so easy. Store bought bagged greens, a can of cannelloni beans, a simple vinaigrette which is made ahead and uses fresh lightly blanched asparagus. Easy and quick and so healthy. You will spend a little extra for the micro greens, but it is well worth it. I took this on a big platter for a pot luck and topped it with my smoked salmon and the dressing. It was gone in 10 minutes. It really is a nice salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml asparagus (cut in 2-inch pieces on an angle, ends trimmed)
- 2 (850.48 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (you can add more or less if you want)
- 709.77 ml arugula
- 473.18 ml micro greens (you can use any of your favorites, I usually just grab what looks fresh, pea shoots are one that I l)
- 1 small onion, cut in half and very thin sliced
- 236.59 ml pecorino romano cheese, grated (parmesan will work fine, NO green can please)
- 4.92 ml fresh dill
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml champagne vinegar (this is the key to this salad for me, but a white wine vinegar will also work)
- 118.29 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 1Asparagus -- In a small sauce pan, fill with about 1" or a bit less of water and salt and bring to a low boil. Add the asparagus and cook, just 2-3 minutes depending on it's thickness. Then immediately remove and add to a ice bath. Just a bowl of water with ice. This will stop the cooking and keep the asparagus a bright green color (call blanching). Just let them cool off in the ice bath for a minute then remove and let drain and dry.
- 2Vinaigrette -- Just mix the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon, sugar, salt, and pepper. I like to use a small tupperware and then I just shake it up. You can also mix it in a small measuring cup or bowl. Whatever is easier for you.
- 3Salad -- In a small bowl, I like to add the beans (drained and rinsed), asparagus, dill, and just a couple of teaspoons of the vinaigrette (not too much) and toss well.
- 4Greens -- On your serving platter, I add the arugula, micro greens, onion and a squeeze of one of the lemon wedges and another couple of spoons of the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Then top with the asparagus and bean mixture. Just lightly toss.
- 5Top the whole thing with the pecorino romano, a sprig of dill and the lemon slices around the side.
- 6Serve -- Grill some salmon or possibly chicken - slice and top the salad. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the top. This makes an amazing dinner.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus, Beans & Arugula Salad With Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.6
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 380.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese