Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
Mix this salad up with your hands so the beans don't get destroyed!
- 3 cups diagonally cut asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- steam the asparagus, covered, 2 minutes or until crsip-tender. Rinse asparagus with cold water and drain.
- Combine asparagus and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over asparagus mixture and toss gently to coat.
LOVE THIS with the following changes: (1) added the asparagus to boiling water for 2 minutes rather than steaming, (2) skipped the radish, (3) used 1/4t dried mint and (4) just used a pinch of black pepper. Got 4 servings each 160g which will make YUMMY lunches! Thanks so much for sharing!
I was late making this salad for PAC, due to the fact that I couldn't find any decent asparagus. I also could not find cannelli beans so I ended up using green beans in place of asparagus, and white kidney beans. With the green beans this would get a four star review. It is very light and refreshing, the dressing very subtle complimenting the different textures and flavors. I know with some tender, crisp asparagus this deserves five stars! (Fall PAC 2007)