Recipe by DailyInspiration
Another TOH recipe submitted by a reader from Georgia. This recipe sounds absolutely delicious - can't wait to try it.
Top Review by breezermom
I halved this recipe, so had to change the cooking vessel. Used a 4" casserole, and this still turned out totally delcious! I am so looking forward to enjoying what is left tomorrow for breakfast. The combination is absolutely delicious. I wouldn't change a thing. Nancy, this is a winner! Thanks for sharing!
- 9 inch pastry shells, unbaked
- 453.59 g asparagus, fresh, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 bacon, strips cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 14.79 ml green onion, sliced
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml nutmeg, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; remove foil, bake 5 minutes more and remove from oven and set aside. Cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well. Arrange the bacon and asparagus in the crust. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over asparagus and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 23-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.